Wednesday, September 16, 2009

All hail the Mac?!



Love Macs? Hate iPods? Lust after the iPhone? Don't get the fanaticism? Check out "Welcome to Macintosh," which plays 7:05 p.m. Sept. 24 at the Robinson Film Center. The screening will be presented by the Shreveport Macintosh User Group.

The doc devles into all the history, reverence, geekdom and myths surrounding the Mac mystique.

As for myself, I'm a recent Mac convert. Totally get the fetishism for hardware design. Totally get how their owners feel their apps are more user-friendly and functional than PCs'. And guiltily, I sometimes find myself acting the Mac shill for my friends: "Why don't you get a Mac? It makes pancakes."

If you share my problems -- or want to laugh at local Macolytes for sport -- contact Sara Colvin at (318) 222-2522 or sara@maccentric.net to reserve a seat. The screening is free!

No comments: