Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Six questions for Christopher Moore

Christopher Moore is a local metal artist.

What was your most recent job in the movie industry?

"Year One" props, "The Hurting Kind" trailer, prop master.

What's the coolest part about your job?

Working hand in hand with prop masters, art directors and set designers and being able to give my professional artistic input to the look of a design. I get to work early on in the production before shooting begins and when there is still time to make changes to original designs. I get to give my opinion on designs and give them options to what they have envisioned and sometimes use my original designs to incorporate them into the film.

What is your main career goal?

To continue using my artist ability on film and increase my knowledge of the industry.

What single experience has proved most valuable?

Befriending, Observing and learning all that I could from Dwight Benjamin-Creel, Prop Master for "Year One" who taught me many things he has dealt with in his many years working on over 40 films.

In what movie or show can we see your work? Highlight a scene you like.

(The dungeon in) "Initiation of Sarah" … and in "Year One" most of the metal pieces in the film including hero pieces for Jack Black, Harold Ramis, and David Cross and Shackles worn by all of the actors.

What's your favorite movie of all time and why?

"Goodfellas," because I believe it was Martin Scorsese's best film to date and obviously the best acting job by De Niro, Pesci, and Liotta. The way it was filmed was very innovative at the time and the story line was second to only to "The Godfather" for mob movies.

No comments: