How do I love "Grindhouse?" Let me count the ways:
1) Finally, the car chase is scary again when filmed in broad daylight.
2) Thankfully, zombies are still the funniest movie characters this side of the Gremlins.
3) In technical skill, Rodriguez and Tarantino have few equals.
4) In casting choices, Rodriguez and Tarantino have no equals.
5) Rose McGowan can fly.
6) Freddy Rodriguez never misses.
7) Somewhere between the gun stump and the ship maiden, I forgot it was a three-hour exhibition of macho culture.
8) I left the movie theater for a moment and felt like I missed something.
9) Zöe Bell, Uma's stunt double for "Kill Bill," gets well-deserved feature roll.
10) Kurl Russell looks even cooler than he did for "Big Trouble in Little China." How is that possible?
Here's a link to my review for The Times (only online).