Friday, October 12, 2007

Let the coverage begin (and a kingdom for Bluetooth)

NEW ORLEANS -- After trying to find a parking spot in the French Quarter for 20 minutes, I gave my keys up to the valet. (At least I hope that was the valet.) This blog post is costing $24!

The New Orleans Film Festival begins at 5 p.m. with a screening of "10 Questions for the Dalai Lama." I'll head to Canal Place at 4 p.m. to meet up with Allison Bohl (Bossier City native) and Connie Castille for a chat. Their "I Always Do My Collars First" screens at 9 p.m. at the Prytania Theatre. (That reminds me. I have to iron my shirt.)

I'll head to the Prytania well before 7 p.m. to catch a couple Louisiana/New Orleans documentarians. Their stories are as important as any at NOFF.

It struck me that some of you self-proclaimed geeks (cough, Chris-Brad, cough, cough) might want to know what gear I brought for coverage. To file my stories, I brought:

Laptop
Notepad and pencils
Cell card (as slow as 1998 dial-up)
Cell phone
Digital audio recorder
Mic
Mic cable
Unpictured digital camera
Chargers
Lots of USB cables
Lots of power cables

Hopefully, everything will work smoothly. My deadline is 8:30 tonight, and I plan to file from during a cab ride (no kidding) from the Prytania to Canal Place. At 9:45 p.m., Vince Vaughn will appear to promote his "Wild West Comedy Show: 30 Days and 30 Nights - Hollywood to the Heartland."

No comments: