Just got this note from Glen Grefe, who’s making the indie feature “The Hurting Kind.” At Saturday’s Battle of the Bands concert and fundraiser (9 p.m., Mojo’s, 203 Texas St., $5 cover), Glen will have the cameras rolling. He invites actors to turn out and take part in the following. It’s not a paying gig but Glen promises you’ll have fun:
ATTENTION ACTORS! Several Cameras will be running for possible special features, future trailers, blog/podcast, etc. Stand out in crowd by wearing/characterizing:
1. College age partier type [jerseys, jock wear, nerd, stoner, yuppie, etc.]
2. Very slick/chic fashinable clothes/ensemble indicating your are a respectable REAL CALL-GIRL PIMP
1. College age partier type [sportswear, retro nerd, hippie, yuppie, ivy league, etc.]
2. GROUPIE [have fun with this]
3. Very Sexy, fashionable, tight outfit a CALL-GIRL [well part-time student, part-time call-girl] would wear
4. Cheerleader outfit or some ensemble.
School colors to wear: red, black, white; or sepia
Backstory: This is a small community college town of "Marion" - the college is putting on a "battle of the bands"; there are a few part-time student girls who make extra money by being escorts/call-girls. Girls are going missing, and our main character Mia wants to find killer and get revenge at all costs. This is just previous to where our movie begins.