RESOLUTION NO. ___ of 2009
A RESOLUTION ESTABLISHING THE CITY OF
By: Councilman Lester
WHEREAS, the film industry represents a tremendous opportunity for economic development in the City of
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the City Council of the City of
SECTION 1. That the following film industry incentive policy is hereby adopted, to read as follows:
FILM INDUSTRY INCENTIVES
a. The City of
b. For the purposes of this resolution, the term “film industry” shall include film and television productions, television commercials, and music videos.
c. Incentives are subject to the production company entering into a contract with the City of
2. Incentive Funding Caps:
a. Basic Cap- $150,000.00 total to any individual project or production for new productions by a production company which has not previously received any City of
b. Subsequent Productions- $165,000.00 for a production company which brings a subsequent production to the City of
c. The funding cap shall be increased by $10,000 for productions which both have a production office in Caddo Parish and lease premises to be used as a soundstage in Caddo Parish.
3. Requirements for Rebate:
a. Production must either:
1. Have its production office located within Caddo Parish, or
2. Utilize a soundstage located within Caddo Parish, and;
b. Have acceptable expenditures of the type listed in paragraph 4, paid within Caddo Parish, amounting to at least $300,000.00.
c. In order to qualify for the enhanced subsequent production cap, both the original and the subsequent production must meet the criteria listed in 3.a. and 3.b.
4. a. Productions meeting the above requirements will be eligible for incentive payments equal to the City of
1. LODGING for cast and crew incurred in the City of
2. LEASE OR RENTAL EXPENSES, including all lease or rental expenses for equipment, automobiles, sound stage, location or production offices paid for a site in the City of
3. OTHER PRODUCTION AND POST PRODUCTION EXPENSES, including purchases of materials and supplies, related to the production of the project and post production.
b. For the purposes of this section, the term “City of
c. Payment and eligibility for incentives shall be subject to such reasonable rules and regulations as determined by the City of
5. Application process
a. Upon executing a lease or rental agreement, applicant should contact the City of
b. The application shall include all information required by the City of
1. Total projected budget,
2. Estimated total of expenditures eligible for the sales tax rebate,
3. Estimated room nights,
4. List of vendors and services likely to be utilized.
c. If the application is approved by the City of
d. When the production efforts in the City of
e. Payment of incentives is subject to funding as follows. The City of
f. This incentive program applies to expenditures in the City of
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that this resolution shall become effective after a budget ordinance has been adopted appropriating the funds for the incentive payments, and a resolution has been adopted authorizing the Mayor to execute agreements for the incentive payments.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that if any provision of this resolution or the application thereof is held invalid, such invalidity shall not affect other provisions, items or applications of this resolution which can be given effect without the invalid provisions, items or applications and to this end the provisions of this resolution are hereby declared severable.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that all resolutions or parts thereof in conflict herewith are hereby repealed.
Approved as to legal form:
City Attorney’s Office