Monday, June 11, 2007

Ironing doc -- yes, ironing -- airs July 8 on LPB

NOTE: DATE CHANGED!

A documentary made by Allison Bohl and Connie Castille will get its LPB debut, according to the Robinson Film Center. Tune in at 3:30 p.m. July 8.

"I Always Do My Collars First" is about a few women from Breaux Bridge and their healthy obsession with perfectly pressed clothes. Like any good documentary, this one uses a quirky topic to explore more deeply the minds of its subjects.


I saw it when it was shown in Shreveport, and it's solid.


Bohl is from Bossier City and finished her visual arts degree at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette in December. Castille is a master's student in folklore at ULL.


Photo: The documentary "I Always Do My Collars First" features (left to right) Rookie LeBlanc, Gay Castille, Georgie Blanchard and Aunt Be Guidry of the Breaux Bridge, La., community.

No comments: