Friday, May 30, 2008

Val Kilmer to attend one-night screening of 'The Doors'; event is fundraiser for Robinson Film Center

Val Kilmer will attend a special screening of "The Doors" on June 8 at the Robinson Film Center. I'm lucky enough to have the opportunity to host a post-screening Q&A with the star. We'll talk about his iconic performance and this engrossing Oliver Stone film. Totally dig it.

For me, this event is a cinephile's dream. Can't wait.

Kilmer's in town filming "Microwave Park," and the crew will attend the special screening beginning at 5:30 p.m.

Tickets go on sale Monday. $125 each. 118 available to the public. Proceeds will benefit the film center. Kilmer will also participate in a prescreening reception, beginning at 4 p.m. Get all of your details here.

The post-screening Q&A is part of the Scene Screened monthly dialogue series that The Times and the Robinson Film Center are cosponsoring.

What questions do you want answered at the Q&A? Post some of your ideas and let's get the conversation going.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok Alex, I've got one for ya...

Who is Val's favorite rock star/band from the era? I mean is he a really big Doors fan, or did he like Hendrix better?

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an opportunity. But that price is too much for me. Sure does suck to be priced out of Shreveport's great events as usual.

Anonymous said...

I am sure if you skip a few meals or beg the management, they will let you come. Why not go have dinner there. She just may come through.

Unknown said...

I just recently viewed The Doors for the first time and, aside from Val Kilmer's performance, which admittedly was wholly convincing and engaging, the film strikes me otherwise as an above average, but largely forgettable, music biopic.

There have been far better similar films done in the last 17 years. I just do not see what all the hoopla is about.

PS

Anonymous said...

I HAVE ONE ALSO I READ AND IF TRUE I WONDERED THE QUESTION IS HALF TONGUE IN CHEEK AND HALF SERIOUS THAT VAL WILL BE PLAYING DAVID LEE ROTH IN THE MOTLEY CRUE AUTOBIOGRAPHY AND I JUST WONDERED HOW ONE DOES A CHARACTER STUDY ON HIM...LOL