Friday, June 27, 2008

Pie looks yummy but lacks flavor; Get ready for liftoff

"My Blueberry Nights," a movie made by one of my favorite directors, opens today at the Robinson Film Center. The Norah Jones starrer is a dud story-wise, but the eye-candy visuals are soothing. As a director, Wong Kar-wai is one of the best stylists working today. I just wish "Blueberry" offered a bit more narrative.

And families should get their outdoor movie plans in order. The Movies and Moonbeams program will present "Apollo 13" on July 3 at Riverview Park.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really wanted this to be a great flick. I'll still see it at the RFC this weekend, but I might have to buy an extra tasty beverage to make it worth the trip!

BTW, your review has me chasing down a copy of "Chungking Express." I haven't seen that flick in years.

Alexandyr Kent said...

I had higher hopes for it, too, but even the greats slip now and again. That being said, "My Blueberry Nights" looks better than most movies. Just wait for those shots of blueberry pie. Homer Simpson would eat the movie screen.

1minutefilmreview said...

Loved the film. We're WKW fans too, can't wait to see his 'Ashes of Time' redux version!

Anonymous said...

I want to read about Millenium's Flanigan moving to Europe...

Alexandyr Kent said...

Your wish is my command.