Thursday, July 09, 2009

Reaction from Nu Image/Millennium Films re: passage of HB 898

“It means that we’re going to continue to make movies here,” said Diego Martinez, president of Shreveport-based Studio Operations, a division of Nu Image/Millennium Films. “We’ve got two projects that we’ve been deciding on where to go, and they are definitely coming to Louisiana now.”

Studio Operations plans to begin construction of a studio in Shreveport’s Ledbetter Heights neighborhood by the end of July.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heeeeee Hawwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

For two years we have heard, "Millineum is going to build a studio". In that sam time frame the Celtic Center in B.R. has gone up and running and has secured Battle for LA. Since their first PR campaign all we have heard is this month, then it gets pushed back further and further. Latest date I hear on the street is now Sept. And Mechanic starts in Oct. in N.O. so, it leaves the question deserving an honest answer. Is Millineum realy going to build a studio here? And an honest answer would not just be another date setting opportunity. My attitude at this moment is I'll believe it when I see it. Until then it remains Lake Millineum, until I am proven wrong. And my real hope is that I am proven wrong.