Friday, March 02, 2007

Halle Berry is coming! (To New Orleans.)

Are you tired of movie news yet? I'm not. (Job security.)

Denzel is scouting. ... Samuel L. Jackson was on Letterman. ... Millennium Films is making a billion new movies here (slight exaggeration), and Queen Latifah, Katie Holmes (Mrs. TomKat) and Diane Keaton are coming. ... Martin Lawrence is about start filming. ... Ain't It Cool News is all over "The Mist," a Stephen King-Frank Darabont movie shooting inside StageWorks of Louisiana.

So when a reader notified me that another big name was coming to Louisiana -- Halle Berry! -- I pulled the toothpicks from my eyelids (slight exaggeration), picked up my cell and started workin' my sources. And a smarter guy on the copy desk reading the Advocate's business wire beat me to the punch!

Alas, fair Shreveporters, fair Bossier Citians, fair Mindenites, fair northwest Louisianans ... the Oscar-winner is apparently not coming to our fair parts.

Berry will begin filming "Tulia" in May. It's being made by Element Pictures and LIFT Productions and released by Lionsgate. It will be shot in and around New Orleans, according to the wire story.

Now come on, Halle. I've been working hard this week! Can't you make a movie reporter's day a little more exciting? A little more busy?

If you (not you, Halle) find movie tips or rumors during your daily surfings, email me. Please! I like this job security thing.

Photo: Actress Halle Berry poses as she arrives at the 2006 British Academy of Film and Television Arts/Los Angeles Cunard Britannia Awards, Thursday night, Nov. 2, 2006, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)

No comments: