Friday, March 30, 2007

Is "Meet the Robinsons" good?

I'm no longer confused by the early reviews for "Meet the Robinsons." I saw the Disney animated movie this morning, wearing those stupidly awesome, totally crooked 3-D glasses. Is the movie good? Yes.

Oh, and by the way, it's great. Click here for my review.

I saw the movie with a crowd full of kids at the Louisiana Boardwalk’s theaters. Their screams for eye-popping effects made all the difference, I think.

This movie was definitely designed with digital 3-D in mind. But just how the effects are rendered will surprise you. They are used subtly and rarely overpower the story. The experience is immersive without being distracting.

The movie is based on Shreveporter William Joyce’s picture book “A Day with Wilbur Robinson,” if you haven’t already heard.

When you see it, tell me what you think!

On another note, what the heck are kids doing at a matinee screening on a weekday? Can you say bogus field trip, boys and girls?

No comments: