Thursday, February 07, 2008

'Roscoe Jenkins' opens Friday

"Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins" (aka "The Better Man") opens in theaters Friday (Feb. 8). I did a phoner with director/writer Malcolm D. Lee last Saturday and filed this story. He's currently in town shooting "Soul Men." We had a good conversation. He seems to enjoy The Shreve, partly because it's easy to get the work done.

Since I was unable to review "WHRJ" in advance, I'll be heading to the Regal Cinemas at the Louisiana Boardwalk on Friday for the 11:10 a.m. screening. If you see me, throw a tub of popcorn. (No butter, please.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol. i'm going to the same screening .. i was on the crew and am eager to see the finished products (the dailies were HILARIOUS so I hope there are lots of outtakes) ... I don't do popcorn but you may catch a Milk Dud in the back of the head if I see you ... J/K ... :)

Alexandyr Kent said...

Milk Dud? Ouch! I'm not afraid to get security.